Best Biology Research Paper Topics | 44+ Custom Examples
December 14th, 2020
As a branch of Science, Biology deals with living organisms’ study and looks into their functions, structures, growth and evolution. Biology, as a subject, holds significant importance because of the topics it deals with. Having this said, it is important for one to always understand the topic they are fully aware of before writing a Biology research paper.
One needs to understand that Biology is the sort of subject which is centered in all sorts of things related to life. The study deals with understanding and explaining how non-living and living things interact with one another. Finally, it offers insights and perspectives on how different, diverse the forms of lives can be.
Biology also deals with the medical field, the sustainability of life, ecosystem, diseases, food quality and much more. In short, Biology continues to shape the world we live in and changes everything there is. Having this said, if you wish to conduct research on a topic in the field of Biology, you have a plethora of topics to choose from.
You can also check our article on TOP IB Bio IAs topics that will be useful for International Baccalaureate students.
When it comes to writing research, choosing the right topic is one of the most important things that require utmost attention. Like choosing a topic for your IB Bio EE, it has to be a topic that meets your interest. The sort of topic you enjoy studying, conducting research on and would want to contribute to its literature as well is something you need to keep in mind.
How to select the best biology research paper topic?
Now, to help you narrow down to selective topics, we give you 45 research topics in the subject of Biology. Choose wisely and start working on your research!
Biology Topics related to the Immune System
- The resistance capacity of the human immune system
- Immune system agents
- Effects of stress on immunity
- Immune system malfunctioning and diseases
- Immunotherapy and its effects
- Graft rejection prevention
- Autoimmunity and tolerance
- Transplantation and immunology
- Vaccination and society
- Benefits of vaccination
Biology Topics on Hormones and Behavior
- The importance of a certain hormone and its effects on the functions of the human body
- Cell structure and antibiotic resistance
- Human mind, hormones and behavior
- Hormones and depression
- Female Anatomy: pregnancy and hormonal changes
- Psychological disorders and biological basis
- Bipolar disorder and what does biology say about it
- Testosterone and Cortisol
- Oxytocin and fear reaction
- Endocrine-related illness and their effects
- Reproductive system and hormonal control
- Impact of hormonal therapy
- Metabolism and endocrinology
- Psychopathic disorders
- Melatonin in therapy: the pros and the cons
- Steroid Hormones in Cells
- Cardio and the influence on hormones
- Hormones and women’s mental health
- Gender and mental health
Biology Topics on Genetics, Human Cloning and Abortion
- Abortion laws and society
- Abortion and feminism
- Biological insights to abortion
- Human cloning and transplantation
- Cloning and its types
- Modern technology, genetic disorders and DNA structures
- History and development of human cloning science
- Human cloning and moral intricacies
- Cloning and medicine: can it be changed?
- Origins and development of DNA-modified organisms
- DNA modifications and their effects
- DNA and aging: can it be changed?
- Obesity and genetics
- Genetics and homosexuality
- Depression and genes
- Genetic mutations and their causes
Enough biology research topics for today?
Keep in mind that these are just a few examples of the many topics you can research for your biology research paper. In addition to this, the paper you choose to work on needs to show evidence as well.
As a tip, you need to go for a topic that presents the material in abundance, a topic on which research is already easily available. This will significantly help you in mastering the paper the topic of your choice and do well on it.
Also, check the article, if you are stuck in a rut and searching for motivation.
Please note, if you are given the liberty to choose the topic of your choice, you need to do it wisely. Like with choosing ideas for your capstone project, you have the liberty to make your own outline, choose the material you wish is the most relevant, and so on.
If you are genuinely interested in something, make sure you put in your heart, mind and all the effort to excel in it. Best of luck!
And do not forget to share your ideas in the comments section below. You’ll help others to get ideas and the best of your topics can be mentioned in our future articles.
Vasy Kafidoff is a co-founder and CEO at Writing Metier, who has a keen interest in the academic world and technology. He is a cryptoromantic and blockchain enthusiast for more than 4 years now, and he is excited about the way technology shapes financial and educational systems. Check his personal blog to find more tips on writing.
22 IB SL Math IA Topic Ideas that Actually Work!
If you are here because you are stuck with an idea for your IB Mathematics Standard Level (SL) essay topic, you have come to the right place. We understand that the IB Math is the toughest subject (no kidding, we feel you) and therefore, we are here to aid you as much as we can.
How Many References are Enough for a 1500 Words Essay?
You know one of those things that take a drastic turn when you are done with schooling and enter the domains of university academics? Referencing your essays is one of these changes. Till the school level, we are to write essays without worrying about referencing. At the university level, things get serious because you are required to cite the information you are claiming in the article.